Choose Your Own Adventure!

As a kid, these were some of my favorite books! I can remember reading them in the library in my grade school (by myself of course, as I was a nerd and was ostracized by the rest of the children). It was fun to get lost in the story, and unlike real life, when you choose an adventure and end up not liking the ending, you can just go back and choose a different one!

Choose Your Own Adventure Books now have a website where you can check out all of their new releases and purchase books. I haven't read one of these since I was about nine or ten years old, but I may buy one now; I wonder if I will enjoy these books as an adult as much as I did as a child? If not, it will be nice to have one on the shelf for the sake of nostalgia. The author, R.A. Montgomery, even has his own blog in which he documents his real adventures.

If you have kids or even are a bit of a kid yourself, check out these books. If you do not want to buy them, check your local library; Choose Your Own Adventure Books have been around since the late 1970's, so I'm sure you'll be able to find some.

No comments: