Yet there are still so many books that I want and need...

When I was packing up all of my belongings, about half of which consist of books, I thought how much easier, less expensive, and lighter my move would have been if I had an e-book device like the Kindle, instead of real books. Instead of several hundred pounds worth of baggage, I would have only one little electronic gadget to take with me. The Kindle has thus gained one advantage point over real books in my mind. (See earlier post for more thorough discussion of e-books verus traditional paper books.)

1 comment:

Katherine C. Teel said...

I can see the appeal of a Kindle and ebooks, but I will never want to forego the pleasure of flopping down in a chair in a bookstore and flipping through a half dozen books just to decide which one I want to buy. However, I've recently moved a house full of books myself, and I know what a pain it can be!